Happy 17th Baby Girl!

Thursday, January 28, 2010


Today, on your 17th birthday.
A day we thought would never come.

Alas, a day we thought we'd never survive to see...

Photobucket

I was certain, after carrying you for nine months, that life wouldn't be boring. My first pregnancy was so easy and quiet, but not you! You kicked and screamed whilst still in the womb! Oh yes, we always knew that it would be you, and not the sweet Hermit, who would be the nail in our coffin, the signer of the old person's home commitment form.

We salute you...

Photobucket

the only baby who could work a onesie. You,
oh giver of endless grief

holder of the title of loudest screaming banshee,

Photobucket

lover of apple jammies and

current resident of the nastiest bedroom.

Photobucket

You, oh chewer of books, lover of all things ironic, beacon of hope.

Happy 17th

We love you. :)


5 Reactions:

Annie January 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's illnesses.

Mine are very similar (including Celiac Disease!, fibromyalgia, and a compromised immune system), and I know for my mother it's been a struggle and a half to get through every single year.

You are in my thoughts :)

I also look forward to trying your recipes.

Annie

Caffeine Court January 28, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

Wow. 17. My girls are 10 and 6, but I know all to well that before I know it, they too will be young adults!!

That panini with Nutella recipe you suggested sounds absolutely heavenly!

Robyn S. January 30, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

Aww, so precious! Happy birthday Jessie, and thanks for your continuous support, Lori!

Toni February 4, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

I love these pictures. I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter is ill. I can't imagine how hard it must be to take care of a chronically ill child.

Happy Birthday, Jessie.

Fibro Viv February 11, 2010 at 6:28 AM  

It is clear you are a great Mom because Jessie looks so happy.

You guys will continue to be on my prayer list.

Thanks for sharing those wonderful pics.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP