Precariously Close

Tuesday, February 2, 2010


Photobucket

Open mouth, insert foot. It seems that every time I speak as if things are changing, I'm proven wrong. Well, maybe - maybe not. I'm still extremely hopeful.

At any rate, Jes began to have the random, quick, and instantaneous stabbing pains in her head last week. About one a day for a few days. Then a few days ago she complained of a migraine, took two of her mega migraine pills and it quickly went away. The next night, she had a headache which turned into a migraine. She took more mega migraine pills and it went away.

For mom here, this is usually red flag central. I know that these are warning signs and nit-pick every issue that could be causing it with no answers. The last time we went to the hospital, the doc told us not to wait three days hoping it'll go away, just come in. And once again, here we are with a "not quite all the time migraine" waiting to see what will happen. Last night I was certain we'd be in the ER today, but Jes woke up okay and begged me to wait.

I'm such a schlep.

*Note: I know this has nothing to do with reducing her Lyrica because it began prior to the reduction. As a precaution, I've kept her on her regular dosage until this passes. And what is it that they say? This too shall pass.

The picture is one my son took and sent to me from Virginia. This is his view. Nice, huh? I think he's ready for spring though. :)

6 Reactions:

Anonymous,  February 2, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

I love your blog! I'm not sure exactly how I ended up here, but I'm glad I did. I love the photo. How beautiful is that?

I am glad to hear your daughter is doing better today. Having had migraines, I know they can be rough. It sounds like you are a wonderful mom, to me.

Have a blessed day.

Renee February 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

It is hard not to worry about old symptoms returning.....sure hope that this is the worst of it and all goes back to normal for her very soon...

Sue Jackson February 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

Gorgeous picture!

So sorry to hear that old symptoms are cropping back up again. I hope it turns out to be a false alarm. It's been a rough winter for us so far - I think lots of crashes triggered by viruses floating around, even though we rarely catch them.

Hope the headaches just fizzle out and she gets back to where she's been lately...

Sue

Lori P February 2, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

Thanks everybody! She actually had a pretty good day. Slept late because of a rough night, but no headache. Yay!

Shelli February 4, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

Hopefully it was a warning sign that you caught in the nick of time! She's made so much progress -- I love to hear that she is doing better. I sincerely hope it's just a blip on the map and she continues to improve.

Lori P February 4, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

Thanks everyone. She did not have a headache yesterday (at least not one she'd own up to!) and so far today she's fine. Maybe it has passed.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP