Gluten-Free Chicken with White Wine Sauce

Saturday, February 27, 2010

This is such a simple recipe. But one of our favorite standbys that everyone loves. I thought I'd share it with you. The recipe originates from the South Beach Diet book. I've tweaked it to add in our favorites. If you don't want to add the white wine, just substitute the wine with additional broth.



Easy Chicken with White Wine Sauce

boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt & pepper to taste
olive oil
3/4 cup dry white wine
about 1/2 cup gluten-free chicken broth
1-2 cloves of minced garlic
1 thinly sliced onion
sliced baby portabello mushrooms
5 (or so) grape tomatoes

Between two sheets of waxed paper, pound out the chicken to about 1/2"
Salt and pepper each side. Heat skillet to medium and add olive oil.
Once hot, add chicken and brown on each side. Remove to plate and cover to keep warm.

In drippings, add onion and saute until soft. Add garlic and mushrooms.
Saute a few more minutes making sure the garlic doesn't overcook.
Add the wine and scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan.
Add the chicken and drippings back to the sauce.
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the sauce. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for a few minutes to cook the chicken through.

I served this last night with mashed potatoes and *roasted asparagus.

*Roasted Asparagus (or any other veggie)
salt, pepper, olive oil.
Toss to coat the vegetable and roast in a shallow pan at 400 degrees until done.
Try it with carrots. YUM! It brings out a whole new sweetness.

Enjoy!! :)

4 Reactions:

Kathy February 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

I think Irv would like that one. Thanks

Sue Jackson February 28, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

Sounds like a winner! I love pan-fried flattened chicken cooked this way, and your additions sound yummy. Does regular chicken broth contain gluten? i never would have guessed!

And I keep hearing how good asparagus is roasted, but I've never tried it that way. Our kids don't like asparagus, so we rarely have it unless they're away...but I love it!

Sue

Lori P February 28, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Sue,
I've seen the Barefoot Contessa roast nearly everything simply with salt, pepper, and evoo. It's unreal how much better it is. I've roasted carrots, broccoli, and asparagus.

Anonymous,  March 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

I think I will borrow this one! That sounds wonderful and I just bought a whole bunch of organic chicken. Just gotta get the wine!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP