The Good, The Bad, and The...

Friday, January 22, 2010

Photobucket
{ Diet Killer }

The Good: I found out that the cake last night was originally from Jessie's most beloved Williams-Sonoma Mastering Cakes, Fillings, & Frostings. I've cursed that book ever since Santa brought it to her several years ago - well before the celiac episode. Anyway, it's called Orange Chiffon cake and, yes, it is delicious.

Jessie went to the mall with a friend this evening and my plan is to divide the cursedly high-calorie cake and stash it in the freezer - a.k.a. never-never land.

The Bad: I held her down, pried, tickled, and practically beat the kid. Do you know what she told me? She winged the recipe from the seat of her pants. Apparently, she'll need to bake it again to determine the actual substitutions. Egad. Anyway, she substituted the flour with white and brown rice flour, tapioca flour, and xanthum gum. I was in the other room and did not see a thing. So what I promised, I cannot deliver until a later date.

I have to say that this is without a doubt, her most successful transformation to date. The cake tastes EXACTLY like it did when it was full to the brim of glutenous bad stuff. Even today, it was still moist and light. It has a great spongy texture. Yeah, I'll get the recipe and pass it on - some - day. :(

Sorry the photo is terrible. I had to take it with my camera phone. Jessie seems to have lost the camera charger at the moment. Sometimes don't you just want to...? Oh, never mind.

Have a great Friday night.

4 Reactions:

Shelli January 23, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

I suppose it's for the best, since there are so many of us trying to lose a little weight for the New Year! It sounds heavenly, though, and I look forward to getting the recipe later ... hopefully, when I'm in the "maintenance" phase!

Brian January 24, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

The cake sounds delicious. You better have Jessie make it again and watch her like a hawk to get all the ingredients so you can post the recipe:)

We Blog Artists January 25, 2010 at 7:16 AM  

I'm going to pass on your blog to a friend of mine...she'd love it.
The cake sounds YUM.
Have a great day.
Char

amy and ann January 25, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

i just followed you. thanks for visiting our blog today!
amy

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP