Back From the Holidays AND a Road Trip

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Photobucket

It shouldn't come as a surprise to our regular readers that we've been on another road trip. My son, Wes (who moved back to Virginia to attend school - boohoo) and Jessie headed seven hours north after Christmas. After a week of "empty-nester-marital-bliss" I drove up to Charlotte on Sunday, spent the night with my mom, then met Jessie and a friend (who graciously offered to drive Jes to our usual halfway point - thank you very much friend).

The truly surprising thing is that other than being REALLY tired and needing a good night's rest, Jes was fine. She told me that she only had one instance of the dizzy head rush - aka orthostatic intolerance.

It amazes me that she has reached the point that she can spend eight days surrounded by teenage friends, constantly being on the go, and staying up into the wee hours of the morning. Any stranger would take one look at her and say that this girl is totally healthy.

Anyway, only her friends and I know that if she stopped taking her substantial amount of medication, a total relapse would occur and she would be confined to her bed or the sofa.

I thank God for her friends, who don't question that Jes sneaks rest periods in when no one is looking. I'm also thankful that she has friends who provide her with something salty when she's feeling light-headed, force her to slow down to watch a movie, and remind her to take her medication.

That's what friends are for, right?







4 Reactions:

Renee January 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

This is great news, isn't it. I am enjoying your blog, Lori and stopped over at your other one too. I was laughing in the first couple of minutes!

Shelli January 6, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

What a blessing! I am so happy Jessie is doing so well. It sounds like a fun, normal, teenage vacation.

Sue Jackson January 6, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

I'm so far behind on blog reading!! trying to get caught up...

So glad to hear how well Jessie is doing - that is truly amazing that she spent 8 days with friends! Jamie has been struggling a bit but we're still hugely grateful for the medications that allow him to live an almost-normal life.

Happy New Year!

Sue

Unknown January 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

"It amazes me that she has reached the point that she can spend eight days surrounded by teenage friends, constantly being on the go, and staying up into the wee hours of the morning. Any stranger would take one look at her and say that this girl is totally healthy."

So, so true. I'm in my 20s with CFS and I save up my energy when I know I've got a big day ahead of me. Some of my friends only see me on good days so I bet they sometimes wonder if I'm faking it!

Just started to read your blog- it's really good. I've just started my own blog.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP