Gluten-Free Roasted Red Pepper Soup

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Photobucket

I was recently lucky enough to acquire this recipe from my friend, Dennis, who is an exceptional gardener and cook. Now Dennis uses his home grown red peppers as well as his own crushed red pepper for this recipe. However, since I have the keen ability to kill even a Chia Pet, I successfully created the recipe using roasted red peppers from a jar and dried, crushed red pepper. It works just as well. As with many great cooks, please note that his recipe is not exact.

This delicious soup is super healthy, delicious, and perfect for the upcoming season.

Roasted Red Pepper Soup

roasted red peppers (I used 3 jars)
basil (to taste)
Vegetable or Chicken Broth (I used GF chicken broth - about 3/4 of a box)
2 - 15 oz. cans of whole tomatoes
5-6 cloves of garlic
3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1-2 tsp. olive oil
1 large onion - roughly chopped
crushed red pepper

Bake the onion, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, basil, vinegar & olive oil in a roasting pan at 350 for approximately 45 minutes. Blend until smooth. In a dutch oven, combine the roasted vegetable mixture, broth to desired consistancy, and crushed red pepper to taste (I used maybe 1 tsp.) until heated through.

Enjoy!

1 Reactions:

Sue Jackson October 16, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Mmmm...I love roasted red pepper soup, with or without gluten! Thanks for the recipe.

Sue

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP