CFS, Homecoming, Road Trip, Movie, and a Virus

Monday, October 5, 2009


Photobucket

It's over. We're home. Cleanup after two very nasty males and enough laundry to clothe an army has been completed.

It's been an eventful week! Jessie (above in the blue) and I went to Virginia so that she could go to a homecoming dance with friends from her former school. Unfortunately, her date became sick within 15 minutes of arriving and had to leave. Fortunately, she was surrounded by tons of friends so she still had a blast - sans the boyfriend, who is, by the way, NOT the happy dude in the white bow tie. (Isn't he a cute little riot?)

The day after we left for Virginia, hubby became sick with a nasty virus that we thought was the flu. He even went to the doctor and was given Tamiflu. He was completely over it and back at work in three days. While on the way home from Virginia, Jessie became sick with the exact same virus. We went to the doctor and she tested negative for the flu. This will be the sixth day and I hope she wakes feeling better. The fever is gone, but a nasty cough remains - along with the typical CFS backlash of achy muscles. Of course, we half expected the CFS flare after such an active long weekend.

Oh, one more thing. Jessie talked me into reading the Twilight series last year. We're not fanatical fans, but we are looking forward to the second movie, New Moon, which comes out on November 20th.

Here's the trailer. Any Twilight fans out there?

2 Reactions:

alyson October 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

My husband Kenny is a fan of the Twilight series (I haven't read any the books, myself). Kenny teaches high school and saw so many of the kids reading these books that he decided to check them out. Once he read the first book, he was hooked!

I hope Jessie feels better soon.

Sue Jackson October 7, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Oh, I just LOVE the photo of Jessie at the dance with her friend! How wonderful that she was able to go - sounds like she had a great time. Glad she didn't get sick until the end of your trip. There are SO many viruses going around already this season. The boys tell me everyone at school is sick - sneezing, coughing, etc. (and still in school!!). Because of my crazy immune system, I haven't caught anything - no non-CFS symptoms - but I've been crashed for almost 2 weeks from viral triggers. Fortunately, the boys are faring better than me so far.

How's the online school going so far? It's great that you had the flexibility to make this trip.

Sue

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP