Boys and School and Shots

Friday, September 11, 2009

Photobucket

Interesting title, isn't it?

First, the boys:
This is my son, Wes - the one who doesn't like being written about or photographed. I love this picture of him. (He's not the bald one or the bearded one - I'm not THAT old) This picture was taken as he was racing in a mountain bike competition in Snowshow, WV a couple of weeks ago. Isn't the view great? And don't you love the red zebra outfit? :)

School:
Jessie received her school stuff yesterday and, even after assuring me that she doesn't need any help and to PULEEZE leave her alone, I tossed and turned all night long worrying - as every good mother should. Just doin' my job. Her English Lit and Spanish III are completely online and the other courses (Advanced Algebra/Trig, US Government and Chemistry) are online with an actual textbook. It'll be an interesting year.

Now, the shots:
Who out there rushes out to get a flu shot? I've heard and read both ways for CFS patients. For us, Jes has had a flu shot with no side effects each year since she's been sick. So I think she'll be getting one, especially since it's so bad this year. Then she'll get the other when it comes out in October. Are you getting the shot?

4 Reactions:

Sue Jackson September 12, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

I've always figured that my over-active immune system doesn't need extra stimulation and that the flu shot would cause a crash...plus we rarely catch viruses since our immune systems over-respond to viruses. Our doctors seem to agree, but I've heard other people with CFS who do get the shots. It seems to be a very individual thing, like everything with CFS!

Sue

amy September 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

thouht you might be interested in my new blog:
www.iamaceliac.blogspot.com

alyson September 22, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

Hi Lori,

I get the flu shot every year. It usually upsets my CFIDS for a few days, but my doctors still recommend I get it because of my asthma AND because they think I would be much worse off if I got the full-blown flu...which has happened in the past.

I managed to catch the flu in the only two years I didn't get the flu shot (around ages 22 and 23). It was a bad deal, complete with 101-104 degree fevers. What's odd about those two years is that I came down with the flu at the end of both flu seasons...just when I thought I had escaped infection!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP