Life's Little Pleasures

Monday, August 24, 2009


We're pretty cheap dates. There, I said it. In our household, a trip to Whole Foods, Sam's Club, or Trader Joe's more or less beats out anything else.

Whole Foods is the bomb when it comes to gluten-free paradise. That's where we were this past Saturday. As soon as we passed the impressive produce section, we came to one of my favorite areas. No, that's not true. I have too many favorite areas, but this one rocks. It's the nuts and granola section. Yes, they have an entire section devoted only to nuts and granola. We immediately saw a huge display of granola made with dried cherries, cranberries, raisins, gf oats and much, much more. That went into the cart. Do you see the "Fresh Ground Nut Butters"? OMG, it's so much fun. I'm like a kid in a candy shop.

And speaking of candy...

We leave the nut section for the chocolates and pastries section. Have I said it's unreal? Unreal. I'm seriously curious about the bacon chocolate, but instead this went into the cart.


It's the Red Fire Bar with Mexican ancho y chipolte chillies. Oh yeah. And then the Gianduja Bar with almonds and caramelized hazelnuts. That was a no-brainer. I got sample sizes for $1.99 each. Worth the splurge, don't you think?

We gazed at the pastry shop and drooled, but refrained because, alas, they had no gluten-free pastries. Shocker.

After that, we experienced the wonders of the remainder of the store. Unfortunately, I don't have any more pictures since Jessie, aka the "stick-in-the-mud camera police" told me we had enough already and I was embarrassing her.

Maybe next time.

3 Reactions:

Lori P August 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Thank you Kathy. I'm trying. I like the layout of Wordpress, but the mechanics are too much for me.

I Am Gluten Free August 28, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Love the layout! Looks great!

And who makes GF granola? I know of one company but I don't love it. Wondering what you found at Whole Foods (also one of my favorite places!!! - gluten free heaven!)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP