Girl's Weekend & Celiac BRAT Diet Creativity

Friday, August 28, 2009

Jessie is feeling better, but it's happening at a snail's pace, so she's still on the B.R.A.T. diet, celiac style. I honestly didn't think one sixteen year old girl could complain so much about rice, potatoes, ginger ale, bananas, jello, and Powerade. Sheesh. I do feel for her though.

She's sick of feeling puny and gave me a weak laugh this morning when I said we could have a girl's weekend. Why the laugh, you ask? Because a normal girl's weekend for us calls for ordering out from our favorite restaurants, pigging out on junk food, and watching movies. The watching movies part will definitely come true, but ordering out and junk food, I don't think so.

Just how creative can you get with the B.R.A.T. diet? I suggested adding sliced bananas to her lime jello - OOOOOH! Gives you shivers of excitement, doesn't it?

Another thing. Maybe I'm a little picky. Maybe I'm right. Maybe I'm wrong. But tell me, wouldn't you expect ginger ale to actually contain ginger? Is that too much to ask? Walking the soda aisle in Walmart, I read the back of every ginger ale and found only one which had ginger. And, this is sad, it had a little balloon on the front of the bottle proudly proclaiming that this product contains REAL ginger. I'm reduced to thinking that maybe ginger has a complicated scientific name and I'm just too stupid to know what it is. Am I missing something here?

Oh well. We can always paint our nails.

4 Reactions:

Sue Jackson August 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

We're digging in for a quiet, movie-filled weekend, too, after a major sleepover party last night - the boys are like limp rags!

I hope she continues to improve - enjoy your girls weekend (I wouldn't know what a girls weekend is since I;m so outnumbered here!!)

Sue

Brian August 29, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

I'm sure it's hard adjustment for Jessie after a few weeks of glutenous indulgence. Have a good weekend!

Lori P August 29, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

It sure is, Brian. She keeps asking if she can cheat, but I just say that I'm not the gluten police, then she knows the answer herself and accepts it.

I'm happy to say that it's Saturday and she's MUCH better. Hasn't had an "incident" since Thursday night.
Yay! :)

Anonymous,  August 31, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Whooo bananas in the lime jello. party party!

I feel for Jesse, celiac + brat is a tough line to toe, uh no pun included...but I'm glad you girls made the best of it. Your pedicures are so pretty!

I recently found out I'll be on a glutenous trial of my own in the coming weeks, and actually immediately thought of you guys. Will be interesting to be sure, I'll keep you informed!

- Miss Waxie
http://acomiclifeindeed.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP