recovery is possible

Thursday, June 14, 2012

living chronically

Hello friends!

Did you think I'd abandoned this blog altogether?  Well, I don't post anymore and just happened to take a look today.  I noticed that we do have another update - a happy one.

According to my last post in 2010, I reported that Jessie was doing great, was schooling from home, and was still on her medication.

Now, after seven years of CFIDS...

Jes is completely off of any and all medication.  Seriously, I can't get the girl to take a gummy vitamin.

She finished high school at home through Keystone.  She was only one semester behind which, I'm very sorry to say wasn't illness related.  Seems we can blame that on the fact that Jessie was suddenly free from the constraints of scheduled curriculum as well as the fact that the final Harry Potter book was published.  Naturally, she felt the need to secretly take a semester off to re-read the entire series.  Ahem...moving along...

I'm happy to say that she now lives a totally normal life, is attending Kennesaw State University on a full academic scholarship (my thanks to Harry Potter), babysits regularly, works out (almost) every day, and rarely slows down.  Except for the fact that she's gluten-free, Jes is a normal 19 year old young lady - something I feared we would never see again.

After experiencing seemingly every avenue of the medical profession, Jes has decided to become a pediatrician.  Really.

I think about many of you often, knowing that the same outcome is possible for you.  Don't forget it.  Ever.

Until next time.



5 Reactions:

Anonymous,  June 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM  

Thank you for the update on your beautiful daughter! I'm so glad she is holding her own! You must be beside yourself with joy!

Unknown June 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM  

So happy for you and your daughter! Hope she's enjoying university.

Sue Jackson July 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM  

Hurray, Hurray, Hurray!!!

I knew Jess was doing well, but this is spectacular news - and no meds, even! Awesome!

I feel like I know you and Jess, even though we've never actually met in person. I am so thrilled for your whole family!

Now a question...do you think she really did have CFS or do you think it was all celiac disease? Just curious what your thoughts were. Of course, I suppose the celiac could have been the trigger for CFS, huh?

It's so hard to sort out cause and effect in these illnesses...but that doesn't stop me from trying - lol

I am so happy for you guys!!

Love,
Sue

Lori P September 8, 2012 at 6:07 AM  

Thanks Sue. I feel the same way!

And to answer your questions...I'm certain she had CFS. She had all of the markers beginning with the mono-like virus which started it all when she was 12 (details in "our story") In all honesty, I asked myself the same question many times, but couldn't explain too many of her symptoms which were textbook. She was even "officially" diagnosed at Duke University.

Just NEVER forget - recovery is possible.
Hugs.

Stephanie Faris June 27, 2014 at 7:17 AM  

So inspiring! This is great to hear! I had to look up what CFIDS was...chronic fatigue, right? People come up with so many excuses as to why they can't pursue their dreams, but truly strong people don't have time for excuses. They're too busy going for it!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP