Check Out

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Photobucket
{What a picture! Me in the studio w/ Jessie and her face scrunching}

I have had to check out a little for the past week. With spring quickly approaching, business has taken over and I'm barely coming up for a breath!

I do have a quick little update:

Started backing Jessie off of her morning dose of Lyrica and every time I do, she gets those pesky little headaches. I called the doctor and the pharmacist yesterday and asked it I could actually split a capsule. Unfortunately Lyrica only comes in capsules and 25mg is the lowest dose. What we decided to do is to give her half of a capsule each morning (cutting her to 12.5mg - a little easier). So, we just did that yesterday. After a week or so we'll know if it's working. Dropping 25mg cold turkey was just too much for my little munchkin.

Also, we went to the gastroenterologist last a couple of weeks ago for a recheck and he did the blood work to check for gluten. He found it. So either I'm missing something in the diet or the little munchkin is sneaking a few gluttonous bites! Actually, when she was originally tested, her level was very low, but still positive for celiac. This time, the levels were much higher! Hmm...

It seems that while Jes had no outward symptoms of celiac originally upon diagnosis, she has begun to get stomach cramps and all the other bad stomach stuff when she's accidentally exposed. So maybe her celiac is getting worse as she ages? Just an uneducated theory.

Anyway, I'm in my studio as this is being written and MUST return to the grindstone.

Hope you're having a splendid introduction to spring.

6 Reactions:

Pamela March 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

Hi Lori, I don't comment much but I do enjoy reading your blog. I noticed when I went GF that as my system cleared out I became much more sensitive to small amounts of gluten than I was when I had an ever-present amount in my system (stomach cramps, etc.) so my theory is it's just the bodies way of cleansing out what it perceives as toxic. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's getting worse as she ages, but you never know ....

Pamela March 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

p.s. - love the picture! Just darling

Annie March 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

Great picture!

I know the feeling about Lyrica, although I only have the 75 mg and find them a bit heavy.

Hope you manage to find the gluten culprit!!!

Lori P March 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

Thanks PJ, that makes sense to me.

Renee March 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

What a fun picture! Hope things settle for Jessie soon with the celiac. She is doing so well otherwise, right?!

Sue Jackson March 10, 2010 at 5:38 AM  

What PJ said...same with me and dairy. Once I cut it out of my diet, I seemed to become more sensitive to small amounts.

Hope easing off the Lyrica works for Jessie.

Sue

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP