A Road Trip, A Gluten-Free Recipe, and Medicine Avoidance

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here we go again - this time to North Carolina to deliver a portrait I've been working on. (That would be my other job.) Jessie and I will also get to visit my dear mom.


Jes has continued to do well except that, true to her irritatingly teenage tendencies, she did NOT take any of her medication yesterday. Where was the medication-watching ogre? Hello, she was doing her other job! Anyway, needless to say the little brat, um...girl, slept terribly last night. Here's hoping that missing two doses won't create too much of a problem. Medicine ogre will be sure to give the little *&^%* melatonin tonight to get the ball rolling.

Moving along...

Below is a super easy steak marinade that has become one of our favorites. It was originally written to be used with flank steak, but I've used it with london broil and tonight with a thick sirloin. It goes great with rice pilaf.

Shucks! Where was my motherly ESP when I needed it? Had I known that Jessie needed melatonin, I would have cooked turkey tonight instead. Over-anxious mom here is beginning to fall down on the job. Shame. Shame. :)

Soy, Ketchup, and Sesame Marinade
3/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 1/2 tbs. sesame oil

Combine all ingredients in a large zip-top bag; add 1 lb. flank steak trimmed of excess fat. Seal bag, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. When ready to cook, remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. Grill steak 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill, and cut diagonally across the grain into 1/4 - 1/2 inch-thick slices.

Enjoy!


3 Reactions:

Sue Jackson November 4, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

Mmmm...sounds tasty!

My kids sometimes forget their medicines (especially Craig) when Dad is left in charge! I like your alter ego, the medicine ogre - that's me, too!

Hope she rebounds quickly so you can both enjoy the trip.

Sue

Lauren November 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

I occasionally forget my medications on weekends - getting out of the routine can screw things up a bit! However, I always feel it afterwards. Hope she's doing better. The marinade sounds fantastic!

alyson November 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

Your post made me laugh. Unfortunately, I don't think not taking medicine is only a teenage thing. I forget sometimes, too. ;)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP