Hello Friends

Monday, March 22, 2010



Just a quick hello. Jes and I returned last night from a weekend visit to my mom's. We had a great time, eating strawberries and chocolate, watching movies (such as the one above), lunching, and even a little shoe shopping - pretty nice, huh?

Jessie is doing well. On the way back last yesterday, we stopped off at the BCBG outlet to shop for a prom dress. What felt like 50+ dresses and no decision. I think she gets her decision-making ability from her mom - poor thing. She's been living so "normally" lately that we're able to enjoy extended time out as long as we bring along salty, gluten-free treats.

We found little snack bags of salty peanuts at Sam's - perfect to keep in the purse. The small bottles of Powerade also tend to tag along as well as Kind bars (fruit and nut are SO good).

If you have orthostatic intolerance, what do you like to take along as your safety net?

4 Reactions:

Toni March 22, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

Hi Lori.

I'm glad your weekend went so well.

Here's what I carry for OI:

http://www.magellans.com/store/Health___Hygiene___Walking_AidsWA222?Args=&refchan=Search

Folded, it looks like a cane (click on "more views" to see this look). I don't know if a young person would want to carry that.

Other than that, if I don't have it with me, I just immediately scan whatever room I enter to see where I can sit down. Oh, the things I've sat on!

I'm interested to see of others have better ideas.

Sue Jackson March 22, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

I am so thrilled that Jessie is now living almost normally and can handle extended outings!! That's just so wonderful!

I carry little baggies of almonds in my purse at all times! I need the protein for my low blood sugar and the salt for OI. Plus I carry my water bottle EVERYWHERE with me. And for extended outings (like grocery shopping), I bring a 12-oz. can of V-8 in a huggie!

Good luck finding the perfect dress!

Sue

Unknown March 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

Great news!!

No wonder you're not blogging much when your daughter is doing so well. I hope this continues (even though I miss your blog posts!), it's fantastic!

I've heard a lot about OI on all the cfs blogs, but haven't looked into it. I always carry snacks with me whenever I go out because I seem to crash every 3 hours and need a little snack. I have cereal bars and raisins.

Mc Allen March 29, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

aww, Im so glad you guys had a great visit!! What an aesome blessing! xoxo LA

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP