Here's What We Did

Monday, February 8, 2010

First, I want to say something to Forgetful Girl. Forgetful Girl, I couldn't find a contact link on your blog and, I don't know if it's just me and my computer, but I also couldn't leave a comment, which sucks because I love to leave comments! LOL Like I said, it may be me, but if you've noticed that you've received no comments at all and are stumped, contact me and I'll see if I can help. Just a thought. :)


OK - I hope that the football-watching readers enjoyed the Superbowl last night. We did. Traditionally, we consume way too much junk food. See, here's the thing. If you schedule it for a particular day, like Superbowl Sunday, it's calorie-free, fat-free, and guilt-free. I'm not sure how it works, but it does. Trust me. :)

Photobucket

{This is Jessie balancing a plate of roasted peanuts on
Oreo, the sleeping, practically catatonic cat.}

Photobucket

{This is Jessie trying to look elegant while
feeding Sophie, the begging dog, and irritating
Oreo, the sleeping, practically catatonic cat.}

Oh, the other thing is that you HAVE to eat this on the sofa. Eating at the kitchen table would ruin the ambience and, well, it would just be wrong.

This is what we had and remember, we don't hate people who eat guilt-free junk food once a year. We had barbecued chicken wings (protein), margarita pizza (fruits & veggies), Jessie had her gluten-free bbq chicken pizza which she copies from the California Pizza Kitchen recipe, (I had a salad because even though I SAY it's guilt-free, I was born with guilt), roasted peanuts (more protein), strawberries dipped in chocolate (fruit and chocolate, which defies all catagories), and finally milkshakes (calcium). I know. It's enough to send anyone to the hospital. But if you do it in moderation, you come out of it quite refreshed!

Moving along...

Jes has done great. The headache has gone somewhere else and not returned. Yay for that!

As for the California Pizza Kitchen recipe... Here's what we do. Jes uses her favorite gluten-free pizza crust and tops it with GF BBQ sauce (we use Kraft), mozzarella and smoked gouda cheese, sliced red onions and shredded, cooked chicken. That's it. Sounds a little odd, but take my word, you'll love it.

Have a great week! :)



9 Reactions:

Shelli February 8, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

Sounds way too healthy! But so delicious, junk food pales in comparison. We had bbq chicken wings, sandwiches au jus, veggie platter ... and it disintegrates from there ... chips and dip, Girl Scout cookies, and brownie bites. Yum! Great game, too!

Annie February 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

A) Your daughter is gorgeous!
and B) I totally want to make that gluten-free pizza...it's so hard to make good ones :)

Anonymous,  February 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

What a fun-filled day! I am going to take the pizza recipe. That sounds like it would be right up my alley! Thank you for sharing!

And yes, your daughter is beautiful and she has a wonderful spirit. You can see it shining through in those 2 photos!

Have a great week!

Unknown February 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Hi! I haven't had any comments, don't know why... will have to look into it.

Pets are wonderful companions- I also have a lab!

Tracey February 9, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

My sister-in-law must eat gluten free but is young and cooking-challenged. I will pass this idea along to her.

Lori P February 9, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

HeHe, Tracey. Nobody's more cooking challenged than me and I can do it. Hope your sister-in-law enjoys the pizza. :)

Fibro Viv February 11, 2010 at 6:23 AM  

Hi Lori,

Glad to hear Jessie is doing better with those headaches. Let's keep praying that they do not return.

Thanks for checking on me, I know pace, pace, pace:)

Caffeine Court February 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caffeine Court February 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

Wow, that looks very familiar. I think I'd feel right at home at your house!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & feedback. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP